Motivated and analytical thinker who drives challenging projects to high-quality results with limited supervision. Strong communicator who can synthesize and distill complex information to produce actionable insights. Ability to deliver against demanding project timelines and flexible in taking on a wide range of analytical work with consistent attention to detail. Comfort with and ability to navigate ambiguity. Passion for the built environment.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
Suffolk Technologies, a new venture capital and innovation platform backed by $4.5B construction leader Suffolk, is seeking an outstanding Investment Associate to join an experienced and growing team. The position offers an accelerated and entrepreneurial VC career path for those passionate about investing in and supporting founders transforming the physical world around us. The Associate will have a wide range of responsibilities including developing investment themes, engaging industry stakeholders with thought leadership, sourcing startups and leading due diligence, and working closely with a portfolio of high impact startups (from early to late stages) across the real estate, construction and smart city sectors.
About Suffolk Technologies
Suffolk Technologies is the technology capital investment arm of innovative construction enterprise Suffolk. Suffolk Technologies is responsible for investing in technology startups that drive capital efficiency and productivity in the built environment. Suffolk Technologies invests in solutions across the building lifecycle, including real estate investment and development, architecture engineering and construction, as well as property management. The team works with tech startup founders with ambitious visions who are innovating business models and technologies to achieve scalable impact. Suffolk Technologies is stage agnostic (preference is early stage) and has supported companies ranging from pre-product to more than $100 million in revenue. For more information about Suffolk Technologies strategy and investments, visit Suffolk-Tech.com
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Perform market research and synthesize insights to develop investment themes
- Network with peers at investment firms and strategics
- Support startup programming, such as Boost accelerator
Perform due diligence
- Conduct market opportunity and competitive analysis
- Analyze information from prospective investment targets
- Liaise with internal and external experts to complete due diligence
- Build valuation analysis and models
- Help prepare internal investment memos
Support portfolio companies
- Work with portfolio founders on company development, including participating on boards
- Organize Suffolk and industry resources and networks to support portfolio companies
- Demonstrates Suffolk’s Core Values of People Above All, Courageously Driven, Find a Way, Endlessly Curious.
- Demonstrated interest in startups, investment, and the built environment
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school.
- 2-3 years of investment (VC/PE, investment banking), consulting experience at a top-tier firm.
- Strong written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Team collaborator and leader, and self-guided on day-to-day work
- Experience in a built world related sector is preferred, but not required
- Experience with financial statement analysis preferred, but not required
If interested, please apply here.