SSM is hiring an Associate to join our investment team and we would appreciate any referrals from friends of the firm. At a high level, we’re looking for candidates with 1-4 years of relevant experience (i.e., investment banking, accounting, finance, management consulting).
SSM Partners (“SSM”) is seeking to add a junior member to its investment team as an Associate. The position will be based in Memphis and is a two- to three-year commitment with a targeted start date in January 2021.
SSM invests in rapidly-growing software, services, and healthcare companies across North America. The growth equity firm has partnered with talented entrepreneurs for more than 20 years and, starting with a relationship built on trust, offers its entrepreneur-partners a thorough understanding of the growth company lifecycle and a collaborative approach to building great businesses. SSM makes minority and majority equity investments of $8 to $30 million per opportunity and is investing out of a $150 million fund.
SSM is a tight-knit, scrappy team. The Associate will be given autonomy across all aspects of the firm’s activities and investment process — sourcing, diligence, execution, portfolio management, and investor relations – working closely with CEOs, management teams, industry leaders, and senior investment professionals at SSM.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, entrepreneurially-minded, and have an interest in software/healthcare with the following qualifications:
- One to four years relevant experience (i.e. investment banking, Big 4 or super-regional accounting, management consulting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic achievement
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated extracurricular attainment (athletics, military, arts, nonprofits, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities as part of a lean team managing multiple workstreams in a relatively unstructured environment.
Further information about SSM can be found at www.ssmpartners.com and referrals or questions can be sent via email to email@example.com. Resumes and a short application should be submitted via Google Forms at https://forms.gle/MQ9yDMQ3YEz49RPz5 .