Speedinvest is a European venture capital fund with €400M+ AUM and more than 40 investment professionals working from Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Employing a sector-focused investment structure, we fund innovative early-stage technology startups in the areas of Fintech, Digital Health, Consumer Tech, Network Effects, Deep Tech and Industrial Tech. Speedinvest actively deploys its global network and dedicated team of more than 20, in-house operational experts to support our 140+ portfolio companies, including with US market expansion.
We are looking to expand our Austrian focus team and are hiring an ASSOCIATE!
About the Position
You will support us in our fundraising activities and play an active role and in building our relationship with founders and helping them from the beginning to the end of the investment journey. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, and due diligence for investment opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall support for Partners and Principals in fundraising activities, such as preparation of financing-related documents & pitch decks
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth operational, financial and commercial due diligence
- Calculate cap tables and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and other events
- Preparations for meetings, major events and responsible in leading various administrative duties
- For this position, we are looking for individuals with knowledge and passion for digital technology and proximity to Austria’s startup ecosystem.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant work experience: Previous experience as an operator in a startup or tech company is a requirement. Experience as a founder is a big plus. Experience in strongly analytical positions such as Consulting, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, or similar is highly beneficial.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, natural science, finance, or engineering.
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail combined with the ability to take an entrepreneurial approach when needed.
- Capacity to build and maintain a professional network in the Austrian startup ecosystem.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and German.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative.
- Dedicated work ethic, a genuine interest in technology, and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits.
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners, receiving ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- An amazing learning opportunity both analytically but also on a personal and entrepreneurial level – build out your personal network!
- This role is an excellent entry into the world of venture capital and technology startups e.g. our alumni are now working in leading positions in our portfolio companies or have become founders of their own companies.
If you want to work with startups and are passionate about making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application.
If interested, please apply here.