Speedinvest is one of Europe’s most active early-stage investors, with more than €400m AUM, 40 investors, an in-house team of operational experts, and offices in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna, and San Francisco. Our focused investment teams partner with European founders building Deep Tech, Fintech, Industrial Tech, Network Effects, Digital Health, and Subscriptions startups.
We are looking to expand our Deep Tech Team and are hiring an ASSOCIATE!
We are data scientists, software engineers, and founders who invest in what we know and love: Deep Tech and Enterprise Tech. From AI to cybersecurity, cloud-native infrastructure to developer tools, we back visionary European startups with global aspirations. Our portfolio ranges from more enterprise focussed teams such as Adverity, Bitmovin, SOC.OS and Scalarr, overexciting OSS companies such as Gitpod, Wasmer, MindsDB, and Seqera Labs to amazing frontier tech companies such as Stateless, Deep Render, MyDataModels, and Pimloc.
About the Position
As a Speedinvest Associate in the Deep Tech Team, you will play an active role in deal sourcing, building relationships with founders & the startup ecosystem, and helping them from the beginning to the end of their investment journey. Furthermore, you will be instrumental in engaging existing portfolio companies and in providing them with operational support, working on their ideas, and supporting them with your “can-do” attitude.
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Support preparing summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Supervise junior analysts by training them on investment analysis
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Overall support for the investment team including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, and other tasks
This is You:
- Empathy, ability to build deep connections, education, and experience that provide a unique point of view, and deep respect for founders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent education, preferably in computer science, electrical engineering, or applied mathematics/physics
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced work environment (such as VC, PE, Tech startup, Consulting, IB), prior VC experience is a big plus
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for technology, such as AI, Machine Learning, robotics, software development, open-source, or hardware
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- An ability to build and maintain a professional network in the European Deep Tech ecosystem
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English, additional languages are a plus
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, take initiative, are self-organized, can prioritize and work independently
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Feel comfortable working in an international (remote & office) work setting
- Opportunity to work in a successful, innovative European Venture Capital Fund within an international team
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners Oliver, Rick, and Dominik and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits
If you want to be part of our passionate and forward-thinking team, we look forward to receiving your application!
If interested, please apply here.