SJF Ventures is a venture capital firm that seeks superior returns by investing in high-growth, positive impact companies. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, backing visionary entrepreneurial teams working in clean energy and climate tech, circular economy and supply chain, mobility and govtech, sustainable food, health, education, future of work and enterprise software. SJF closed its fifth fund at $175 million in early 2021 and has $435 million in total assets under management. Please see http://www.sjfventures.com for more information.
SJF Ventures is recruiting an associate or senior analyst to join its investment team. This position is suited for talented, experienced and mission-driven individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF has a horizontal culture in which team members at all levels are involved in investment decisions and portfolio management.
The new team member will be based in SJF’s Durham office and will work with multiple members of SJF’s investment team. Representative responsibilities will include:
- Identifying investment prospects through research and networking at industry events, with a focus on climate tech, energy and mobility, supply chain and circular economy, and food sectors.
- Reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
- Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events and impact initiatives.
- Supporting SJF’s operational activities including impact acceleration, marketing, investor relations and fund administration.
- Deep interest and passion in addressing climate change and environmental challenges.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, clean energy, venture capital and impact investing.
- Initiative, creativity and ability to work independently.
- Robust financial modeling skills.
- Two to six years of experience in a relevant field, such as an operating role in an entrepreneurial company or work in venture capital, private equity, investment banking or management consulting.
- Graduate degree not required. Undergraduate studies in engineering, sustainability, finance or business preferred.
- Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
- Aptitude and personality to work well within SJF’s culture with flexibility, humility, commitment and humor.
For more information about the role and to apply, visit the position’s Workable page. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume.
If interested, please apply here.