They evolve at a breakneck pace, driven by structural change, regulatory reform, and rapidly emerging new technologies and business models around the world. Modern executives must navigate these changes quickly and efficiently to keep their companies at the forefront of their respective fields.
Who we are:
Silicon Foundry guides corporate executives through the noise with corporate venturing and innovation advisory services. We have earned the trust of our Members – more than 20 diverse industry-leading corporations and public sector entities, including Estée Lauder, UPS, Southwest Airlines, Standard Chartered Bank, EY, and Deutsche Telekom, who rely on us for unbiased advice and support on some of the most complex problems facing their businesses.
Our currency is our deep connectivity and experience across global venture and technology ecosystems. It powers everything we do, and it enables our teams to turn insights into actionable foresight that results in direct investments, partnerships, alliances, M&A transactions, and co-creation opportunities.
In short, Silicon Foundry empowers our Members to stay at the forefront of a changing world.
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for an Associate to join the team and help scale the company, with a particular focus on growing our deal-making practice, which spans corporate venture capital, private equity, and M&A. Associates work directly with a Partner and gain exposure to all areas of our business, including member servicing, corporate strategy and innovation, diligencing and qualifying startups, developing points-of-view/analyses for senior level decision makers, and supporting new business efforts. We are looking for a curious, opinionated, and proactive individual who has their finger on the pulse of the trends and technologies that are disrupting industries and the status quo — someone passionate about building authentic and lasting relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in a startup environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility.
Who you are:
- You have at least 2-5 years of professional experience and have a background or strong interest in client services, venture capital, and/or tech strategy. (While no prior experience in corporate innovation, VC or startups is required, you will need to develop fluency across both a breadth and depth of technologies, startups, industries, and business models.)
- You have the ability to spot a technology, product trends, cultural shifts, changing market dynamics, and understand how it can evolve, create opportunities, and shape the future.
- You have a strong understanding of the macroeconomic, market, and social forces dictating the need for companies to evolve their business models at an ever-increasing rate.
- You should be able to form thoughtful and considered perspectives on a breadth and depth of topics, supported by both objective evidence and strategic conviction.
- You have strong communication and organization skills, and experience interacting with and managing senior stakeholders.
- You want to work in a fast paced environment across industries and manage multiple live projects at any given point in time.
- You want to work at a startup! And with that, you’re open to learning new skills and wearing multiple hats.
- You are adaptable and see incredible value in having exposure to a variety of senior level stakeholders, experts, and thought leaders — corporations, startups, VCs — across the venture and corporate innovation ecosystems.
What you’ll do:
- Market Analysis: Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative research across trends, technologies, industries, corporations, and startups in order to extract key takeaways and organize them into actionable opportunities and investment theses.
- Sourcing: Meet regularly with founders, VCs, and relevant corporate innovation teams, and manage internal sourcing tools.
- Due Diligence: Participate in all stages of diligence, including competitor and financial analysis, customer references, and expert interviews.
- Portfolio Development: Identify and pursue business development, follow-on investment, and other opportunities for Member investments within Silicon Foundry’s corporate network.
- Reporting: Contribute to quarterly/annual portfolio reporting processes through market insights and company updates.
- Systems: Lead development of repeatable processes/systems to enable Silicon Foundry’s next phase of growth, including to simplify sourcing, diligence, and portfolio management.
- Communications: Organize insights and analysis on technology, emerging models, and trends into a compelling narrative that shapes/influences decisions.
- Business Development: Support Partners with business development strategy, prospecting, competitive research, industry trends, and the development of new business materials including pitch presentations, proposals, scope of work documents, and case studies.
If interested, please apply here.