Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma business focused on middle market growth equity investing in financial services and real assets. We employ a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners. Our team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. We look for opportunities in and around several industries where our team has significant experience and a network of long-standing relationships. As part of Two Sigma, Sightway has access to expertise in data science, technology, and a range of corporate specialties, and seeks to support its portfolio companies with those resources.
We are seeking to add an Associate to our Financial Services investment team. Within Financial Services, Sightway seeks to invest in companies across the sector including insurance, specialty finance, lending / leasing businesses and other sub-sectors where data science, technology and analytics are core to the investment thesis. Sightway investment professionals work closely with Two Sigma strategic engineering and data science professionals to drive successful investment outcomes. In this role, you will work with the team in all aspects of the investment process and assist with the active management of existing portfolio companies. Given a relatively lean team of investment professionals, the Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Sightway and externally with management teams.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in deal screening
- Conduct due diligence
- Participate in deal structuring, negotiation and financing
- Support the management of existing portfolio companies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 – 4 years of experience at an investment bank or private investment firm; FIG (Financial Institutions Group), M&A and/or Leveraged Finance backgrounds preferred
- BA / BS degree required
- Proficiency in a variety of valuation methodologies • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated accounting and Excel modeling experience and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrable interest or experience in advanced statistical analysis and / or software engineering will be considered favorably, but not required
- A passion for investing and an ability to learn quickly and proactively
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
If interested, please apply here.