The next decade is critical to transform our energy systems towards climate neutrality and at the current pace we won’t make it. Do you want to be part of building up our Siemens Energy Incubator team to invest and scale ventures that matter to our world?
Who We Are
The Siemens Energy Incubator is Siemens Energy’s venture arm and committed to turning today’s impossible ideas into tomorrow’s indispensable industries. Being an integral part of Siemens Energy gives us access to international markets, a global customer base, and incomparable technical experience, all of which we use to catalyze our portfolio companies’ growth. Siemens Energy Incubator works with internal and external startups who are using deep technologies and innovative business models that can help transform our energy systems towards climate neutrality.
As Venture Associate you will be an integral part of the SE Incubator core team. Your role will be crucial for both our venture building and investment activities. You will analyze market trends, qualify incoming investment opportunities, and build up a deep funnel of venture options. You will explore market opportunities throughout various industries. Across our portfolio, you will work closely with several founders and key decision-makers to help them set up and grow their ventures.
Change the future with us
- Execute our strategy on how to identify the best new technology ventures from various markets and industries.
- Co-develop and execute our venture scouting, screening and sourcing operating model in close alignment with key partners from our internal and external ecosystem
- Screen and source outstanding start-up companies and build the foundation of our ventures by conducting market research, deep-diving into industry sectors, and identifying game changing business models / technologies
- Conduct due diligences and evaluate investment opportunities together with industry specialists at all stages of the deal flow incl. financial models, metrics analysis, and competitive and market analysis
- Advice selected portfolio companies and their founders on various growth issues, track their performance and lead and execute workstreams wherever necessary
- Attend events, meet entrepreneurs, industry partners, investors and build relationships in the ecosystem to best help accelerate the growth and likelihood of success for our portfolio ventures
We are not looking for Super Heroes, Just Super Minds – What you need to succeed
- Above all, we are looking for courageous and passionate people ready to face a lot of obstacles on their way to ultimate success. Giving up is not an option.
- No matter the field, you have proven yourself in the past and can clearly show why you will be successful in the future.
- University master’s degree or PhD, ideally in business administration or engineering
- Keen interest and experience in a technology company, a high-growth tech start-up, tech consulting, startup accelerator, or venture capital
- Outstanding analytical skills, ability to research quantitative and qualitative data, develop business hypotheses, and test them in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Entrepreneurially minded, strong communicator and a true teammate
- A problem-solving mentality with excellent analytical abilities to handle various conceptual and strategic topics.
- Ability to effectively connect with diverse target groups, incl. candidates, investors, corporate partners and management
- Experience in data sciene, data analytics or digitalisation is a plus
- Full written and spoken fluency in English crucial
IF interested, please apply here.