Shot Ventures is a next-generation venture capital firm that invests in technology companies at any stage, and we increase deal performance by using proven pre-capital strategy and investor-approved packaging.
Shot Ventures has helped fund over $380MM into companies and now we’re looking for new team members to help us provide greater value to our startups and investors.
***Important: BEFORE APPLYING, BE SURE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT US. THIS WILL BE IMPORTANT IN ANY COVER LETTER AND POTENTIAL INTERVIEW.***
Capital Raise Program for Startups
For many of the startups that are not quite ready for funding, programs that can help them prepare to raise money and get “capital ready” are important. But not all of the options are low cost and many require the startup to give up equity to get involved to be successful (a “pay to play” scenario, that isn’t always good for early startups).
Shot Ventures is launching a new (specialized) program to help advise, guide, and mentor startups around the topic of raising and accessing capital. This isn’t your typical startup program, but a framework to understand the startup’s need for capital, the opportunity impact of accessing the right capital, and set goals in line with a future exit plan that makes sense.
Our Venture Team Associate will be part of the Venture Team at Shot Ventures, responsible for onboarding startups, providing programmatic advisement to startups, and managing ongoing “investor packaging” services that support each startup throughout the 6-month minimum program term.
As a Venture Team Associate, you will be responsible for assisting in the following activities:
- Helping create the overall portfolio
- Establishing and managing programs for professionals to advise the startups (I.e., legal)
- Startup coaching and mentoring directly
- Managing advisement and making recommendations tailored to that particular startup
- Low-level due diligence activities based on rating scales developed/provided
- Guiding and collaborating with the startup on putting together investor materials (I.e., pitch decks, etc.)
- Recruitment of new startups who may be a potential fit for the program
- New startup onboarding
- Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix) engagement with startup ecosystem
The area of responsibility for this role is wide and requires thorough knowledge of various startup processes and knowledge of current or relevant industries/markets. Our ideal candidate would be a former founder or CEO, with proven experience in senior leadership roles, who can recruit, coach, and build up other leaders.
- Achieve fund targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule
- Reach out to prospective startup leads
- Qualify leads, research accounts, and generate leads
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business/partner/portfolio relationships
- Analyze startup market potential, track portfolio growth with finance teams, and cohort status reports
- Keep current on best practices and promotional trends in startup/venture market
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and the rest of the Venture Team
- Build portfolio reports on needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and investment potential
- 5+ years of entrepreneur/startup experience, preferrably as a founder
- …or 5+ years of experience in banking, private equity, venture capital or angel investing; Business development professionals considered.
- Ability to develop relationships with anyone, anywhere
- Ability to learn independently and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and “owns” networking events
- Deep understanding of startup processes, businesses, and their dynamics
- Proven track record of selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- A commitment to “service” and “giving back” to deliver quality mentorship/coaching to entrepreneurs
- Highly motivated with excellent time management/organizational skills
- Excellent ability to create and deliver presentations
- Relationship management skills, openness to feedback, and ability to grow
- Knowledge of digital platforms, excellent mobile device and app usage, cloud based software, including G Suite for Business, MS Office 365, Email, agile project management software, Slack, and CRMs (I.e., Salesforce, Zoho, etc.)
This position is remote, though the candidate will have a thorough understanding of the startup ecosystem/community in Arizona.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $85,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
If interested, please apply here.