Founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Amr Salahieh, Shifamed LLC is a privately held medical technology incubator focused on the development of novel medical products to address clinical needs in the rapidly evolving fields of cardiology and ophthalmology.
As Shifamed’s portfolio of companies continues to expand, we are looking for creative medical device engineering talent interested in working in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Shifamed is seeking a New Venture Associate to support Shifamed management in new company formation. The ideal candidate will be confident and positive, high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management. They should also be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required.Positions Responsibilities including, not limited to:
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends- or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Deal screening: help evaluate opportunities externally and internally
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Gather information on target area and industry experts
- Competitive and market research
- Research on technology value proposition
- Research potential competitors
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate technology and market opportunity
- Help in orchestrating new project development timelines and budgets by seeking feedback for various stakeholders
- Utilize due diligence tools to help in selecting new projects and identifying risks and gaps
- Communicate clearly with key stakeholders all updates and next steps
- Seek ways of improving new project selection
- Document all updates and decisions in presentations and reports
- Prepare internal investment memos and presentations
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Analytics, Finance or Marketing.
- 2-3 years of experience in Investment banking, Consulting, Venture Capital, Private Equity and/or Innovation hubs/Incubators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must be results oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Doc, PPT, and Excel including advanced function
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations
IF interested, please apply here.