Please do not apply if you do not have at least 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, sales, and/or PE/VC.
SeedInvest is seeking an Associate to join our Venture Team in New York, NY. We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way.
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides investors with direct access to highly vetted, early-stage investment opportunities. SeedInvest boasts a rapidly growing network of 500,000+ investors and has deployed over $300 million into over 235 startups to-date across a wide range of sectors, stages, and geographies. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a leading equity crowdfunding platform which is dramatically changing the way private companies raise capital.
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and SeedInvest
- That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With a strong bias for action
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at:
- Generating leads for new investment opportunities
- Building and maintaining relations with startup founders and management teams
- Executing on cold outreach and educating startups about SeedInvest
- Exploring startups and building a deep understanding of relevant investment sectors
- Performing preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Presenting investment opportunities to our Deal Committee on a weekly basis
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, sales, or VC/PE
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Prior experience sourcing and closing on investments
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some extra credit we’d love to see:
- Prior experience with a startup
- Technology background and/or interest
- Series 82 and 63 licenses
If interested, please apply here.