The investment team at Scrum Ventures is looking for an Investment Associate. This position will work closely with the team on sourcing, diligence, thesis development, and more. The key responsibilities are:
- Evaluate new investments through conducting financial, technical, market, and operational due diligence
- Prepare deal memos and quarterly reports
- Develop market research, competitive analysis, and technology roadmaps
- Build strong relationships within the technology community with the aim to support Scrum portfolio companies
- Document meetings and updates of companies under review
- Attend industry events/conferences
- Develop investment theses for new opportunities
- Source potential deals for investment
- Assist in supporting portfolio companies on various activities, including business/sales development, fundraising, market research, etc.
- Experience working in or with technology companies, startups, investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, venture capital, or private equity.
- Pre and post-MBA candidates will be considered
- Strong interpersonal and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Preference to working in a team environment and ability to self-start
- PowerPoint and Excel capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational skills
- “Founder-First” mentality
- Demonstrated interest in startup / tech community / entrepreneurship / venture capital
About Scrum Ventures
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Learn more at https://scrum.vc/
If interested, please apply here.