Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages multiple billions of dollars in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity and Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best
Position SummarySands Capital is seeking a motivated Associate to join our Private Investment Team (Technology Sector). This individual will support and assist our experienced team of Partners and other investment professionals to help evaluate new investments and monitor existing investments in the Technology sector for our private investment strategies. The primary areas of focus include innovative companies in the software, internet, and financial technology spaces. This individual will also have the opportunity to work on investments in public technology businesses.
Responsibilities:The Private Investment Team Associate is responsible for:
- Successfully completing all research projects by:
- Finding, evaluating, and analyzing information to support the investment decision process
- Creating and maintaining financial models to evaluate prospective investments and monitor existing portfolio companies
- Communicating professionally with potential investments and investment partners
- Crafting well-informed and succinct portfolio company update notes
- Working to understand long-term technology industry trends and build subject-matter expertise
- Completing other ad hoc projects and tasks as requested
- Developing a strong team dynamic by building and sustaining effective and supportive working relationships within and between teams and sectors by:
- Prioritizing research with the Private Investment Team(s), but working to learn from members of the broader Investment Team
- Establishing transparency and embracing best practices by communicating priorities, projects, and other status updates with the team
- Exhibiting the behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s values and culture
The Associate is typically expected to work for 2-4 years before returning to graduate school or leaving to pursue other opportunities. That said, as we grow our private investing business, new and currently unknown opportunities may arise.Qualifications:
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant major. Strong academic performance
- A genuine and demonstrable passion for investing and technology
- 1-4 years of experience analyzing companies and industries, including investment banking, venture capital, private equity, sell-side equity research, management consulting, and/or corporate development/strategy at a technology company
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship and networking skills
- Exceptional work ethic and an ability to complete assigned projects in a timely manner without direct supervision
- Be able to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team, while also being able to work independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Be highly self-motivated with an analytical mindset, strategic aptitude, and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If interested, please apply here.