S3 Ventures is the largest venture capital firm focused on Texas. Backed by a philanthropic, multi-billion-dollar family for over a decade, we empower great entrepreneurs with the patient capital and true resources required to grow extraordinary, high-impact companies in Business Technology, Consumer Digital Experiences, and Healthcare Technology. With more than half-a-billion dollars in assets under management, we lead Seed, Series A, and Series B investments with the capacity to follow-on for the life of a company.
We are seeking an Associate to diligence new investment opportunities, support deal execution, and execute special projects for our portfolio companies. The Associate will play a significant role in investment decisions and be relied upon by our portfolio companies to support them as they grow.
Associate will add value throughout the lifecycle of our investments by:
- Reviewing pitch decks and assessing markets/companies to identify compelling businesses
- Executing and supporting due diligence on new investments (diligence meetings, market/data analytics, investment memo, financial model, cap table, legal work)
- Working in an operational and strategic capacity with S3’s existing portfolio companies — including executing projects for our portfolio and observing board meetings
- Providing analytical and transaction support when S3’s portfolio companies are acquired
Additionally, Associate will:
- Attend and contribute to S3’s weekly partner meetings, where new investments and portfolio companies are discussed
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks, such as the development/maintenance of internal tools and creation of marketing content
After 2-3 years, the Associate is expected to join a portfolio company, attend a top business school, or pursue another job opportunity. In the case of both exceptional performance and organizational need, there may be a longer-term opportunity at S3, but this should not be the expectation.
Candidates should have 3-6 years of total prior work experience:
- A minimum of two years of full-time work experience at an investment bank, venture capital firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, or strategy consultancy
- Additional years of work experience in one of the aforementioned roles, at a larger technology company, at a technology start-up, or in another type of operational role
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of technology markets, business operations, and start-ups
Qualified candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Ability to quickly understand and analyze new business models, technologies, and medical devices
- Operational mindset and knowledge base that enables the identification of a business’s key value drivers
- Exceptional modeling skills, a strong understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop effective business relationships
- Superior work ethic with an ownership mentality and uncompromising personal integrity
- College degree with a track record of academic and professional success
S3 Ventures will be accepting applications for this position on a rolling basis until filled. In addition to your LinkedIn profile, it is highly recommended that you include a detailed resume when applying. Cover letters are welcome.
If interested, please apply here.