Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, complex care, and behavioral health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Job
To support the firm’s continued growth, Redesign is seeking to hire a business innovation and operational excellence professional with experience in business building, idea diligence, market research. In this role, you will collaborate extensively with our Head of New Ventures on strategic and operational priorities to identify, build, and scale innovative businesses in the healthcare space. You will initially support and eventually help lead Redesign’s ideation, research, prototyping, and capital markets processes, which includes industry research, competitive landscape mapping, financial analysis, and business planning. You will work cross-functionally across Redesign’s New Ventures, product, technology, marketing, finance, accounting, and legal teams as you evaluate and build new businesses. The Associate of New Ventures will report to the Head of New Ventures at our NYC headquarters.
- Industry Research
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the healthcare industry ripe for disruption
- Perform competitive analyses and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size existing and latent markets and identify trends and relative positioning
- Aid in the development of thematic research to focus new projects for the team
- Concept Development & Project Evaluation Support
- Collaborate with New Ventures colleagues to identify and develop innovative business plans in the healthcare space
- Build economic models and key performance indicators to assess existing and soon-to-be-launched businesses
- Eventually lead concept development and evaluation for own areas of interest
- Coordinate with the New Ventures and Finance & Strategy teams to lead capital raising and recruiting for launched businesses
- Develop initial financial models and KPIs in collaboration with New Ventures colleagues
- Operational Excellence
- Identify key efficiency opportunities in Redesign’s approach to identifying, building, and scaling their businesses
- Implement core operating initiatives in collaboration with leaders across Redesign
- Bachelor’s Degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment firm, banking, corporate strategy, or research
- Working cross-functionally across strategy, operations, product, finance, and legal
- Building and leading financial and quantitative analyses in a business environment
- Conducting market diligence, business plan creation, and business analysis
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Adaptable individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly
- High integrity team player with an ability to exhibit excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
- A bias toward informed action in situations with limited data
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivated individual contributor with hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides)
What Redesign is All About
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem
- Annual learning stipend
- 16 week parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office
If interested, please apply here.