Founded in 2016, Reciprocal Ventures is a New York City-based early-stage venture capital firm that specializes in FinTech and Cryptocurrency. We are a team of former operators and investors obsessed with backing the networks, platforms and protocols that will support the rapidly evolving digital finance sector. We work with visionary entrepreneurs and uniquely qualified teams innovating across digital finance and have made 40+ investments over the past five years, generating exceptional returns. We pride ourselves on being active, hands-on investors, and help our portfolio companies by leveraging our unique focus & insights, deep expertise, and extensive network across financial services and Web3.
About the Job:
Reciprocal Ventures is looking to bring on an Associate to focus on researching industry themes, sourcing opportunities, analyzing investments, and working alongside our founders. This role will primarily focus on opportunities in FinTech, working closely with the investment partners and other team members to support our investment activity in the space. This role is based in New York City.
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience from a VC/PE firm, investment bank, consulting firm, startup or something so great we can’t easily envision.
- Passion for FinTech, commerce, Web 3, and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world.
- A relevant network to help find aspiring entrepreneurs and unearth exciting new startups.
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Our investment team is meeting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis.
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
How to Apply:
Our team is constantly sharing and debating new ideas, and we want to make sure that’s an environment you will thrive in. For that reason, our process begins with everyone submitting an investment idea, thesis, or memo that proposes something we should invest in.
The idea should be focused on either a specific early-stage company in the digital finance space that you believe we should invest in or a thesis you believe we should build into one of our existing strategies.
Please email your resume and investment pitch to Josh at email@example.com with the subject “Investment Professional Applicant – [your name]”