Quona Capital is currently recruiting for a dynamic summer associate for our Latin America investment team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mission, about the opportunity for financial technology and digitization to reshape financial services in emerging markets, and about engaging with Latin America’s most dynamic and promising companies.
The summer associate will be part of the investment team covering Latin America. Given the lean structure and fast-paced environment, the candidate should be able to take initiative and is expected to be independent and resourceful.
This job will be located in Washington, DC / remote.
Position duration June 2021 – August 2021 [3 months]
What You’ll Do
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis within fintech sub-sectors and target markets
- Research market trends and map companies in key sub-sectors of interest
- Analyze performance of portfolio companies and elevate findings to the leadership team
- Support the Quona team with regular reporting materials for the firm and investors
- Develop financial models to project market size, investment returns and company valuations
- Identify investment opportunities, develop pre-screening materials and conduct market analysis
- Support end-to-end deal process including conducting primary and secondary research, memos, financial projections and valuations, due diligence and investment committee presentations
Quona Capital is the first global venture firm focused on fintech for inclusive finance in emerging markets. Quona’s mission is to combine money and meaning by investing in companies with the potential to generate attractive returns on investment while improving financial inclusion around the globe. We target specific markets in Latin America, South & Southeast Asia, and Africa & MENA to invest in early-stage fintech companies that have the potential to radically improve the quality, access and affordability of financial services for underserved consumers and businesses. Quona has over $450M+ assets under management and has been backed by marquee institutions, including global investment banks, international insurance companies, US asset managers, foundations and family offices across its two oversubscribed funds. Quona’s team is comprised of entrepreneurs and operators with experience in technology and financial services in the markets where it invests, providing deep knowledge and strong networks for its portfolio companies. To learn more, check out our portfolio companies and meet the team at Quona.com.
- Currently enrolled in a top tier MBA or similar advanced degree program
- Relevant experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or management consulting. Startup experience also a plus
- Excellent business writing and analytical skills. Proficiency in modeling company financials and performing valuation analysis
- Existing network in major startup / venture ecosystems
- Emerging market knowledge or experience
- Ability to independently manage multiple workstreams will be a key success factor for the role
- Is organized, resourceful, pays attention to detail and has strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
If interested, please apply here.