Providence Ventures is expanding and is hiring a venture capital Associate to join its Seattle office.
The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience as part of a top strategic venture capital fund. The Associate will work closely with senior investment team members and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks including, but not limited to, the following: : (1) providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, (2) assisting with management of the existing portfolio and critical fund management tasks, and (3) building detailed investment theses utilizing proactive outreach to industry experts to find new potential investment opportunities and areas. This position will provide exposure to all facets of the analysis and assessment of potential venture capital investments.
Scope of the Associate Role
The Venture Capital Associate Role is intended to provide exposure to the healthcare venture capital industry prior to either seeking a Master’s degree or working for a healthcare startup. This is not a career-track role. However, based on the Associate’s performance and needs of the fund, there may be an opportunity to advance to the Senior Associate level.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence St. Joseph Health’s mission, vision, and values.
About Providence Ventures
Providence Ventures was founded in 2014 and currently manages $300 million in venture capital funds on behalf of Providence St. Joseph Health, one of the largest integrated health delivery systems in the US. Providence Ventures’ mission is to achieve venture and growth equity class returns through direct investments in innovative healthcare companies that improve health outcomes, lower costs, and/or enhance the experience of our patients and caregivers.
Providence Ventures offers investment capital, combined with health system expertise, to companies addressing existing and emerging pain points in healthcare. Providence Ventures partners with its portfolio companies to refine existing solutions while expanding their adoption both within, and beyond, our organization.
- Develop detailed financial models related to venture and growth financing events, private equity recapitalizations, valuation analyses, and liquidity events
- Perform due diligence such as market sizing and mapping, industry research, and competitive analysis.
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials for the senior team, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
- Work with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and support them on ad hoc projects.
- Create and manage processes to help PV’s investment process scale
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Finance, or related field.
- Strong entrepreneurial experience in launching a tech start up; or 2 years of experience gained from functional and industry experience in strategy consulting, healthcare investment banking, venture capital, corporate innovation, technology incubators, or health care startups.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree
- Candidates should be proficient in a variety of valuation techniques and financial modeling scenarios. This role requires strong communication, quantitative, writing, and analytical skills alongside the ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Candidates must demonstrate advanced proficiency with computer applications especially with all MS applications. Familiarity with research tools, such as Pitchbook, would also be valuable.
- Candidates should be hard-working and enjoy being part of a lean team, including the ability and willingness to thrive in an environment which required handling multiple projects at any given time.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
IF interested, please apply here.