Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Portfolio Impact Associate – Ventures
Since its establishment in 2016, Prologis Ventures has been investing in the future of the real estate and logistics industries. As a corporate venture and innovation platform, Prologis Ventures partners with innovative companies that are strategically aligned with, and promote the growth of, the businesses of Prologis and its customers. The Ventures team leverages Prologis’ global network and deep industry expertise to help portfolio companies and partners accelerate growth, navigate challenges and scale their businesses.
Prologis Ventures identifies and invests in new technologies and business models that have the power to drive new sources of revenue, deepen our customer relationships, and harness the power of data in order to create what’s next in global commerce. Whether through venture capital investments, innovation proof-of-concepts, or strategic partnerships, Prologis Ventures works with innovative companies in a variety of ways to achieve transformational outcomes. Since inception, Prologis has completed 28 venture investments and partnered with leading organizations in the technology industry and academia.
Ventures is seeking a Portfolio Impact Associate for its corporate venture capital group based in San Francisco, CA. As a key member of the Portfolio Support group, you will partner with Prologis Ventures portfolio companies by building out supportive efforts and services to help them achieve impact at scale and grow their enterprise value.
- Prepare, buildout, and update portfolio company resources and products, up to and including writing our weekly portfolio company newsletter, developing new information guides and playbooks, updating existing playbooks and content, and developing a portfolio company portal
- Create systems and processes to assess our portfolio company needs and help improve efficiencies in their support operations
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and prepare presentations that communicate your findings in a clear, concise manner
- Design, plan and execute regular events and workshops to foster learning and strengthen community among our portfolio companies, up to and including managing internal and external communications, external vendors and partners
- Moderate and manage a digital community for our portfolio companies
- Funnel resources to companies to help build an inclusive people processes
- Lead in the use of Salesforce and Affinity and implementing new ways of using it that uncover insights and assist in our team working effectively
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve our team and companies’ processes and interactions
- Build relationships across the Prologis organization and its broader network to facilitate collaboration opportunities with our team, portfolio companies, and initiatives
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of achievement (technical degree preferred)
- 2-5 years of relevant investing or operating experience (VC/PE, technology company, investment banking, management consulting, entrepreneurship/start-up)
- Knowledge of the real estate, supply chain, and logistics industries
- Knowledge of the technology platforms used to support supply chain operations (preferred)
- Prior demonstrated interest in advanced technologies and start-ups
- Superior strategic-thinking skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and the ability to challenge and question perceived norms
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with financial modeling and venture capital valuation techniques (requires a strong knowledge of Excel)
- Experience with and passion for networking and building relationships with entrepreneurs, senior executives and market/industry experts
- Ability to work both independently and on a team under tight deadlines in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, and strong business and creative writing skills
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and strong work ethic
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Target base compensation range of: $90,000 – $130,000 plus bonus target to be discussed during initial phone interview.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vison insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please apply here.