Powerhouse is an innovation firm and venture fund. Our firm partners with corporations and investors to help them find and engage with cutting-edge startups, tap into proprietary market insights, and lead the next century of clean technology innovation. Our fund, Powerhouse Ventures, identifies and supports founding teams building innovative software to rapidly transform our global energy and mobility systems.
We’re a high-performance, results-based, and impact-oriented team at the center of innovation. Powerhouse fosters personal and professional growth through a culture of feedback, collaboration, and connection.
Powerhouse Ventures is hiring an Associate to serve as a key member of our investment team. This individual will work closely with Powerhouse’s startup ecosystem to source, evaluate, and support the most innovative early stage startups in clean energy and mobility.
This position is based in Oakland, CA, but will be remote until we can safely return to work, tentatively in Summer 2021.
- Market Research: Collaborate with the team on research efforts to proactively identify new opportunities.
- Sourcing: Build and manage sourcing channels and relationships for Powerhouse Ventures dealflow.
- Deal Evaluation: Support the diligence process, including financial analysis, customer calls, and expert interviews.
- Internal Support: Help build and improve internal systems, including fund modeling, CRM management, and metrics collection and analysis.
- Fund Administration: Help lead fund administration, LP reporting, and fund financials.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant full-time experience
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Driven and self-directed with high EQ
- Passion for work that helps to mitigate the impacts of the climate crisis and deploy clean energy and next-generation mobility
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications, and competitive benefits will be provided. Powerhouse is committed to employee health and wellbeing and covers 100% of comprehensive health insurance plans.
One of our values is to broaden leadership opportunities for women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and anyone with an experience historically underrepresented in companies, board rooms, and venture funds. We celebrate our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and growth-oriented environment for all members of our team.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘Ventures Associate Application – Your First and Last Name.”
If interested, please apply here.