Porsche Ventures Region US is seeking to recruit an Investment Associate to join its venture capital team in Palo Alto, California. The successful candidate will work closely with the global Porsche Ventures Team to drive all aspects of the investment process including: thesis development, sector deep dives, sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence (market sizing, business model analysis, valuation analysis, competitive intelligence, etc.), portfolio management, and business unit/stakeholder development.
Porsche Ventures is the sports car manufacturer’s venture capital (VC) division. Its priorities are to help facilitate Porsche’s strategic objectives and to generate a financial return. We invest in companies developing technologies or creating business models that are adjacent to Porsche’s core business. We concentrate on four key areas: car and mobility, intelligent enterprise, sustainability, and a category that it calls ‘Beyond’, e.g. smart city and living.
This position site with our Palo Alto, CA office. PDI will be observing a hybrid work solution consisting of in-office and at-home work days.
- Work within Porsche Ventures, the venture capital arm of Porsche, and collaborate with Porsche business units to invest in startups across 4 key domains (Car & Mobility, Intelligent Enterprise, Sustainability, Beyond)
- Conduct technical, commercial, and financial due diligences to evaluate potential VC Investment targets
- Meet with VCs and start-ups and build a high quality network (investment funds, co-investors, innovation hubs) that will serve as a source of future investments for Porsche Ventures
- Identify and evaluate technologies and companies for potential investment and/or collaboration
- Conduct in-depth analysis on potential investment targets, including but not limited to: market sizing, competitive analysis, financial modeling, business plan review, technical assessment, strategic assessment, and team evaluation.
- Interact closely with different stakeholders within Porsche
- Researching markets, companies, and financials to create a landscape of each
- Creating reports and synthesizing information from your own research; creating deal memos, venture overview briefs, and decks
- Bachelors degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in startup, VC/ CVC, private equity or/ and investment banking
- Self-starter, ability and comfort working independently and as part of a small team
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to evaluate/create term sheets, side letters, cap tables and other deal documents
- Strong project management and execution skills and ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Ability to integrate rapidly and to work effectively in a multicultural team of professionals
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Understanding of core emerging technologies (e.g. AI/ML, IoT, AR/VR, Cloud, Data and Analytics)
- Proven track record of performing beyond expectations
- An instinct for new trends and passion for following tbe latest developments in startups and VC
At a Glance
Porsche Digital is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche Digital will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche Digital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If interested, please apply here.