Point72 Private Investments (P72PI) oversees the Firm’s institutional venture capital and private equity strategies. This includes Point72 Ventures, our early-stage venture capital strategy funded exclusively by Steve Cohen and eligible employees of Point72 Asset Management; Point72 Hyperscale, a private equity strategy focused on value creation through applied Artificial Intelligence within existing businesses; and other private investments being incubated and assessed for future viability.
We’re looking for a Finance Associate to work closely with P72PI leadership to help steer the group’s strategic agenda, perform critical analysis, and support business operations.
In this role you will:
The P72PI Finance Associate will join a small team with a start-up culture and the resources of a global asset manager. We’re looking for someone to help support the operations of our private investing businesses while generating essential inputs into our strategic decisions and planning processes. Specifically, this role will:
- Support financial and investing operations with strategic insights via modeling, forecasting, scenario analysis and reporting
- Analyze and assess the viability of new business initiatives
- Lead analysis on ways to improve business performance
- Bring a sense of urgency and attention to detail to ad-hoc projects, which may require market research, market color, and other external data points
- Collaborate with groups across Point72 such as Finance, HR, Investor Relations, and Compliance
- Build a general understanding of P72PI’s businesses and support smooth operations across the groups
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent modeling skills with the ability to deliver high quality results in a timely manner
- Be inquisitive and analytical with the ability to draw fact-based conclusions and recommendations
- Synthesize information quickly to provide an independent and objective viewpoint, propose appropriate solutions, and guide meaningful change
- Be a self-starter who can take goal-oriented direction (i.e., “run with this”)
- Be a structured thinker who can tackle complex problems and use sound business judgement to support and implement the vision of P72PI
- Be highly organized with the ability multitask and prioritize assignments in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Have excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated program management, project management, or operational skills
- Be willing to roll up their sleeves and “do the work,” as needed
- Maintain a small ego and be willing (and even motivated) to go back to the drawing board
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and work closely with the Firm’s Compliance team
- 2-5 years of professional experience in the fields of banking & financial services, strategy, or consulting
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (Business, Finance, Economics, or similar degree)
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic strategies to invest globally, supported by 12 offices across the globe. Point72 also uses certain private investing strategies, where permissible. We look for people who want to build a career with us – people who want to innovate, experiment, and be the best at what they do – while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
If interested, please apply here.