Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to support Plug and Play’s Ventures team under our Brand, Retail & Media vertical in Sunnyvale. This role would also assist in investing via Plug and Play’s Future Commerce Fund, a later stage focused fund with Fortune 500 corporations as limited partners. An ideal candidate has a keen interest in venture capital, a curiosity and excitement about commerce, and is able to bring tenacity and energy to a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead sourcing, outreach, and screening of new and relevant startups for investments and business development with our retail and media corporate partners.
- Lead the biannual sourcing of companies for business development (accelerator) programs
- Lead investment process from origination to execution of the Investment Memorandum to ultimately present to an internal investment committee for new and pro-rata opportunities
- Assist with portfolio support, strategy and relationship management with our portfolio companies
- Research and curate regional Brand, Retail & Media trends reports
- Provide account management support on engagements with P&P corporate partners
- Interface with our corporate partners to solve for specific tech interests and pain points
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience at a finance corporate innovation role, Brand, Retail & Media startup, accelerator, or venture capital firm or any other relevant space within the finance industry
- Proven team player with the ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for entrepreneurship is a must and startup experience a plus
If interested, please apply here.