Playground Global was founded by successful entrepreneurs who conceived, built and scaled successful tech companies before becoming venture capitalists. Playground invests in early-stage, deep tech startups – our portfolio companies are using 3D printers to build rockets, fueling carbon-free flight, building the first useful quantum computer, and much more. Our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their vision quickly.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team and help support our partners investing in next-gen compute, advanced materials, energy and next-gen manufacturing startups. Our ideal candidate is not only someone who is highly technical, but also a deep thinker and an enthusiastic self-starter. You don’t need to have investment experience, but you do need to have a strong interest in learning to be a venture investor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with Playground’s partners to help develop an investment thesis in your areas of expertise.
- Source investment opportunities in next-gen compute, advanced materials, energy and next-gen manufacturing startups.
- Perform technical and business due diligence.
- Build relationships with portfolio companies and provide advice and assistance as they grow.
- Prepare briefing documents, returns and other analysis to support important meetings and communications.
- Hold a PhD in Math, Physics, Biophysics or other deep science. (Candidates with Masters or undergraduate degrees and some work experience will also be considered.)
- Possess exceptional decision making instincts, strong analytical skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Exhibit a high individual standard in work output.
- Excel in written and verbal communication.
- Able to work from Playground’s office in Palo Alto 3+ days a week.
- Identify with Playground Values
- Intellectually curious and practical
- Collaborative and ambitious
- Thrive on building something worthwhile regardless of the challenge
If interested, please apply here.