Pender Ventures consists of a group of diverse and dedicated investors and entrepreneurs with decades of experience investing in high growth technology companies. Pender Ventures invests in a concentrated selection of B2B and health-focused technology companies at their inflection point to scale. We thrive on working alongside entrepreneurs, technologists and management teams as partners executing on a plan, applying a scale-up framework and diversity influence to drive top-quartile returns and create tangible impact. Integrity, transparency and alignment are the guiding values that drive us.
Pender Ventures is the private technology company investing arm of PenderFund Capital Management Inc.(“PCM”) an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm founded in 2003 to invest in emerging technology companies. Based in Vancouver, BC, PCM is an inclusive and diverse workplace of over 50 people managing over $2.4B in assets across private and public equities and fixed income.
As an Associate, you will support the team on the full lifecycle of the investing process, with a particular focus on the data driven, technical aspects of analysis and research.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all aspects of investing, from sourcing and due diligence to value creation activities across the portfolio.
- Engaging with portfolio company management to support strategy and business development opportunities.
- Performing market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities.
- Networking with peers in other venture capital firms and with other stakeholders in the technology ecosystem.
- Developing monthly business performance metrics and reports for portfolio companies reflecting both operational and financial performance.
- Managing and maintaining detailed pipeline of prospects.
- Representing Pender Ventures in the ecosystem: industry conferences, events and networking.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, STEM Degree/technology background is preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a business analyst or related role, preferably with a private equity, investment banking or strategy consulting firm.
- Experience conducting analysis using a range of data sources and generating visual output to clearly communicate insights.
- High degree of proficiency conducting data analysis using Excel and other related analysis tools; or, interest in developing advanced analytics skills, learning new digital / data tools, etc.
- Strong business acumen and judgement.
- Ability to communicate insights in a clear and well-structured manner.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and start-up companies.
- A high level of curiosity, strong discipline, and attention to detail.
- An excellent understanding of financial statements, financial concepts, and financial modeling.
- Strong project management and execution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to join a diverse and passionate founding team that will be launching our second fund. The team will draw on the crossover investing capabilities of PCM, and will grow into new, exciting investment areas over time.
- Competitive compensation with the opportunity for employee share ownership in PCM.
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career advancement.
- You can work from home or the office or a combination of both, collaborating with a talented and growing team.
If interested, please apply here.