Panoramic Ventures is a venture capital firm based in Atlanta that takes a “wider-view” towards investing. Panoramic (formerly BIP Capital) opens new doors for overlooked founders, giving more entrepreneurs access to capital to build leading tech companies. We are the most active venture capital firm in Georgia, as named by CB Insights.
We apply decades of experience to both make investment decisions and inform operational guidance for our portfolio companies. Repeatable processes allow us to find and capture the best investment opportunities and offer cutting edge tools and resources to founders to catalyze growth.
For more on Panoramic Ventures, please visit http://www.panoramic.vc
We hire intelligent and driven individuals who value teamwork and trust, extending this mentality to positively impact portfolio companies in a constant search to drive portfolio company value.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Panoramic is hiring a motivated and adaptable individual on our investment team to support our growth. The right candidate for the job will join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that enjoys a strong sense of camaraderie and a flat organizational structure.
The Associate will assist in the underwriting and due diligence of prospective investments, preparing investment memoranda and provide transaction support throughout due diligence and closing. The Associate will also take a leading role in portfolio management activities including cap table management, financial modeling, and investment returns modeling. The ideal candidate will balance the need for attention to detail with the ability to operate at a fast pace.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position, but are not exhaustive.
- Lead ongoing portfolio management activities, including cap table modeling and management, forecasting future capital needs, and investment returns analysis
- Perform financial analyses, including revenue projections and scenario analyses
- Assist in the analysis of prospective investments, including performing in-depth market research, documenting customer calls and the creation of an investment thesis
- Prepare thorough due diligence packages for potential investments, effectively communicating support for underwriting assumptions
- Support of Portfolio Reporting efforts
- Efficiently determine the order in which competing priorities are to be accomplished
Education and Experience:
- BS or BA Required; Business/Econ, Computer Science, Engineering preferred
- Candidates should have 1.5 – 4 years experience in Investment Banking, Private Buy-Side Investing, Management Consulting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated interest in technology, data, and investing with strong technical aptitude
- Deep understanding of investment due diligence process and high level of urgency
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and investment returns analysis
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and on a team
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize different projects and priorities simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Effective, versatile, and action-oriented when it comes to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of audiences
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with a track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical and organizational skills
Traits of Success:
- Approaches Due Diligence as an ongoing exercise, not a box to check and understands that there is always more to learn about an opportunity
- Extreme attention to detail, pride of authorship and always looking to improve their craft
- Takes a proactive approach to supporting the deal team (i.e. ‘can see around corners’)
The Associate role is a 2-year program with the potential for promotion to Senior Associate
If interested, please apply here.