ORIX Capital Partners is seeking to hire an Associate for their New York office. Associates take a central role in supporting the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing of transactions, as well as, in the monitoring and strategic planning of portfolio companies. Working with a lean deal team in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, Associates have constant interaction with the most senior members of the firm, as well as, with portfolio company senior management.
ORIX Capital Partners is proud of its talented team, strong industry relationships and commitment to long term success. The team makes direct equity investments to support growth and performance among proven middle-market companies in North America.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzing, evaluating and executing private equity investment opportunities at OCP: acquisitions and portfolio management
- Drafting industry white-papers to support sector focused investment program
- Conducting due diligence and analytical work on potential investments
- Building of complex financial models
- Developing and conducting financial analyses, reports and presentations to facilitate making investment and business decisions
- Coordinating third-party advisors and internal resources
- Supporting investment recommendation by articulating potential risks and rewards for each recommendation
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of investment recommendations to the firm’s investment committee
- Preparation of investment memos and portfolio management updates
- Ongoing monitoring of investments in the firm’s portfolio, including operations, performance management, strategy
- Working with the senior team on deal origination and identifying new investment ideas
Characteristics & Skills
Those Who Tend To Excel Within OCP Share Similar Values And Specifically, We Would Highlight The Following
OCP provides a unique opportunity to be part of a team oriented organization with a unique investment approach.
- Team oriented and transparent, with a strong sense of humility and ability to cultivate trust and relationships across constituencies
- Strong appetite for knowledge and desire for personal development
- Entrepreneurial but capable and appreciative of working within a team environment and a group organizational structure
- Passionate about being part of growing private equity platforms and willingness to devote effort, time, travel and expertise to foster OCP’s growth agenda
- Always operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a lean team environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Results focused: demonstrates hustle and drive
- Possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity and a desire to continuously add to knowledge base
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university
- 2-3 years of investment banking, strategic consulting, or private equity experience
- Experience in mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, and other private equity related business
- Extensive financial modeling skills, including building complex operating models
- Flexibility and ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Self-starter, executes with a sense of urgency and delivers high quality results within compressed timelines
- Sound business judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a changing environment
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
If interested, please apply here.