OneValley Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage investor that brings founder-friendly capital and valuable innovation and growth resources through the power of the OneValley ecosystem. We invest early in dynamic founders taking on complex, high-value challenges, leveraging deep earned insights into attractive markets, and using next generation technologies.
We are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join the OneValley Ventures investment team. The Associate/Senior Associate will work collaboratively with the Managing Director(s) to support the screening, evaluation and execution of early stage investment opportunities as well as ongoing portfolio management and support. This individual’s initial responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with OneValley Ventures’ data driven prospective investment screening and qualification process.
- Supporting due diligence efforts for prospective investments by reviewing and analyzing business plans, performing market and competitive analysis, analyzing business and financial models, and completing valuation assessments.
- Aiding investment execution by working with leadership to prepare internal investment documents for investment committee approval and coordinate the investment closing process.
- Working with the team to track monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio company performance metrics and prepare periodic portfolio reports for external investors.
- Conducting market research on sectors of interest to the firm and staying current with industry trends and competitive landscapes to assist with investment evaluation and the production of thought leadership content.
We expect the successful candidate for this role to grow into increasing levels of responsibility and to become an autonomous member of the investment team capable of developing future investment theses as well as sourcing, evaluating and completing future investment opportunities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a high quality university. MBA and/or CFA are considered but not required.
- 5+ years of experience conducting company evaluation and financial analysis in venture capital, investment banking, and/or management consulting. Operating experience working with companies in high growth sectors in corporate development, engineering, product management, or similar functions also considered.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, research, project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
If interested, please apply here.