One Way Ventures is looking to hire two analysts/associates (one on each coast) to join our investment team as we start deploying our second fund.
Job Title: Analyst/Associate (depending on prior experience)
Location: New York/Boston or San Francisco
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting January 15, 2021
One Way Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital fund backing immigrant-led startups. One Way Ventures aims to be the most valuable investment partner to immigrant founders who are building world-class companies. Immigrant founders account for over 50% of the unicorn startups in the U.S. and have built some of the largest tech companies in the world, including Tesla, Instacart, and Zoom. Since our founding in 2017, we have invested in over forty companies, including Airfox, Brex, Brio, Chipper, FightCamp, and Momentus. Like the early-stage companies we back, we embrace an open, startup culture. As a result, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with all members of our small and talented team.
PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
“Immigrant grit and hustle”. That’s the attitude we hope to see in our Associates since we have very ambitious plans for our fund. You will be working out of either our Boston/NYC or San Francisco office to support the General Partners and our portfolio companies. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic self-starters requiring little supervision, with a passion for sourcing, diligencing, and supporting immigrant-founded startups. You will help us build a community of immigrant startup founders and supporters by owning the following responsibilities:
- Chief of Staff: Work closely with one of our GPs since venture capital is an apprenticeship business. This includes acting as a thought partner to the GP, helping prioritize asks of the GP, and assisting with administrative tasks.
- Sourcing: Be our ears and eyes and the firm’s best ambassador in the startup ecosystem. The objective is to identify and cultivate relationships with early-stage management teams building the next great immigrant-led ventures.
- Filtering: Evaluate pitch decks. Call and/or meet with prospects and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Diligence: Write investment memos, talk to customers, conduct market research, reach out to experts, and synthesize various signals to help us make strong investment decisions.
- Project Management: Maintain our deal CRM, report deal metrics, and take the lead on projects to build our capabilities.
- Wildcard: Tell us what else we should be doing to build a great venture capital fund. You can lead these initiatives and we’ll support you.
- A high degree of integrity and our immigrant mission resonates with you
- Exceptional responsibility mindset, work ethic, and initiative-taking
- Strong writer and communicator with an interest in technology and startups
- Outstanding project management, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function and financial modeling
- Ability to produce well designed Powerpoint presentations
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience or more preferred
- Experience in startups, technology companies, consulting, and/or investment banking preferred
- This is a full-time, paid position that will be filled as soon as possible
- Position includes generous health benefits, an open vacation policy, and a flexible work schedule
If interested, please apply here.