Nyca Partners is a venture capital firm exclusively focused on applying innovation in financial services to the global financial system. Our rich experience and deep connections in both finance and technology give us a unique perspective and facility to help entrepreneurs transform payments, credit models, digital advice, and financial infrastructure. Our portfolio companies greatly value our advice and assistance in building the leading FinTech companies, and since our founding in 2013 we have invested in more than 80 such companies including Affirm, Acorns, Gemini, Ladder, Payoneer, Propel, Thought Machine, and Treasury Prime. We also have what we believe is the leading group of limited partner advisors who are experts in all aspects of financial services technology and entrepreneurship.
Nyca is looking for an exceptional individual to help us diligence and invest in the best global fintech companies and assist in portfolio support. As an Investment Analyst or Associate at Nyca, you will be a key member of a small and talented team. Through your work identifying and performing diligence on investment opportunities, conducting market research, building out investment theses, and helping to support Nyca portfolio companies, you will have a material impact on Nyca’s investment decisions and our continued evolution as a firm. In turn, we will help you to become a top-notch early-stage investor and a fintech expert. You will gain an in-depth understanding of how technology is reshaping financial services, build a strong network in the fintech community including founders, operators, and fellow venture capitalists, and see how a VC fund operates from fundraising to investing to supporting portfolio companies as they grow from seed to IPO.
Nyca prides itself on maintaining a diverse team and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
· Manage the investment pipeline by tracking inbounds, taking pitch meetings with founders, conducting primary diligence, and evaluating new ideas and businesses.
· Source investment opportunities through outbound efforts within the fintech community.
· Develop research on target markets and investment theses through collaboration with Nyca’s industry network.
· Draft investment committee memos, laying out a developed and well-researched case for making an investment recommendation.
· Partner closely with Nyca colleagues on all aspects of the investment process.
· Create external presentation materials featuring Nyca portfolio companies and market research for communication with top financial services firms and Nyca’s LP network.
· 1–2 years post-undergraduate experience. We are enthusiastic about candidates with experience as an operator in an early-stage company or with a background in consulting or investing (investment banking, VC, PE, equity research). Other candidates with a strong interest in fintech investing should also feel free to apply.
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visual)
· Great collaborator and partner to colleagues; no egos allowed
· Ability to demonstrate analytical skills; high level of proficiency in Excel is preferred
· Healthy intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about fintech
· Prior fintech experience is a plus
· Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Flexible vacation time
· 401k program
Location: New York or San Francisco
Base Salary: $130,000 — $150,000
If interested, please apply here.