What we’re looking for
Nyca is looking for someone to help us diligence and invest in the best global fintech companies and assist in portfolio support. As an Investment Associate at Nyca, you will be a key member of a small and talented team. In this role, you can expect to be exposed to the top thought leaders in the fintech industry and will come away with an in-depth understanding of how the legacy financial system and the fintech ecosystem interact. The role with Nyca will be for 24 months and the ideal platform to grow within the venture space, get placed with one of our portfolio companies, a strong recommendation towards business school candidacy or starting your own company.
- Source new investment opportunities through outbound networking efforts with the fintech community.
- Manage the investment pipeline by tracking inbounds, conducting primary diligence and evaluating new ideas and businesses.
- Develop proprietary research on target markets and investment theses through collaboration with Nyca’s industry network.
- Draft investment committee memos, laying out a developed and well-researched case for making an investment recommendation.
- Track fund performance and assist in the preparation of annual budgets and financial statements. Draft quarterly fund communications.
- Create external presentation materials featuring Nyca portfolio companies for communication with top financial services firms.
- 2-3 years of post-undergraduate experience as an operator in an early stage company, investment banker, venture capitalist or consultant
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visual)
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills; high level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong team player
- Healthy intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about fintech
- Prior fintech experience is a plus
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time
- 401k program
How to Apply
Nyca prides itself on maintaining a diverse team and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If interested, please send your resume with your name and the job title you are applying for in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please also include in the body of the email, an answer one of the following questions (300 words or fewer):
- What is your favorite trend in fintech and why?
- What is the last book you read and would you recommend it or not?
- Bitcoin – yes or no?
The permanent role will be based in New York, NY with remote work through at least mid-2021