Novo Ventures is seeking an Associate to join the investment team in our Boston office.
The Novo Ventures team is responsible for advising Novo Holdings, the world’s largest life science investor, on investments in emerging companies across biotech, medtech and digital health sectors. We oversee more than $2Bn of assets under management across both private and public portfolio companies. With activities in San Francisco, Boston, London and Copenhagen, Novo Ventures is ideally positioned to reach the major hubs of life science and respond to investment opportunities when they arise.
At Novo Ventures, we are committed to developing our internal talent and have a long track record of promotion to the senior levels of our team. We offer a truly diversified life science investment platform with the ability to invest from seed NewCo formation to public with a focus on therapeutics, digital health and medtech. Our size, evergreen platform, and diversification across sector, stage and geography (locations in the US and Europe) provides an excellent training ground for venture career development.
Based in our Boston office you will be part of our team responsible for originating, analyzing and managing Novo Ventures’ global private and public equity investments. Efforts in this area are primarily focused on preclinical and clinical stage biotechnology and high growth revenue stage medical technology opportunities. Responsibilities include:
· Assessment of investment opportunities based on the clinical unmet need they are addressing, supporting scientific validation, strength of management teams, clinical development plans, regulatory outlook, commercial opportunities, intellectual property, competitive landscape and valuation.
· Conduct primary due diligence of new investment opportunities, which can include: an in depth review of relevant scientific and clinical publications, review and distillation of company provided materials, competitive landscaping, and calls with KOLs, physicians, payers and other relevant experts
· Prepare and present investment materials and supporting documentation to guide potential investments
· Monitor and assist with management of private investments
· Attend scientific and broker conferences
· Assist in operations and other ad hoc tasks to support portfolio management
· Collaborate with other areas of the organization to support other Novo Holdings activities
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A strong scientific and/or clinical background, with a Ph.D. in biological sciences (preferred) or an M.D.
- Prior non-academic work experience in management consulting, equity research, investment banking, or biopharma industry is preferred
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis, accounting, and financial modeling
- Experience working with industry databases (e.g. Citeline, Pitchbook), libraries and other data sources to assist in researching companies, clinical trials, competitive positioning, and commercial opportunities is preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work with cross cultural / multi office teams
- Team player
- Passion for healthcare investing
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Working at Novo Ventures
Novo Ventures offers a unique opportunity to work on the frontier of life science investments, helping pioneering scientists, entrepreneurs and companies bring new treatments and technologies to market. We have a respectful and collaborative work culture where your opinion is valued. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and celebrate individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. We are family-friendly and provide outstanding benefits, such as up to eight months of paid leave for birthing parents and five months of paid leave for non-birthing parents.
If interested, please apply here.