Work with the best who work for the best! NorthRock Partners is privileged to manage over $4 billion in assets and provides a host of exclusive client service offerings to our unique client-base including many NHL and NBA players, professional athletes, world-class entrepreneurs, and families alike.
NorthRock Partners is committed to helping exceptional people live exceptional lives. Through our Personal Office™ experience, we seamlessly deliver financial and lifestyle advice services uniquely tailored to give clients more time to make the impact they want on the world and live their best self.
NorthRock is headquartered in downtown Minneapolis and boasts a beautiful, modern office with all the amenities. We strive to ensure every employee feels connected, valued, and supported in their unique journey of professional growth and development. Opportunities to join celebrations and team happy hours and outings to Timberwolves and Minnesota Wild games to support our professional athlete clients are a regular part of The NorthRock Life.
As an organization we approach each day with a positive mindset, the humility to grow, the confidence to embrace feedback and the belief that every win is a team effort. Delivering excellence in all we do is never easy, but it’s everything.
The Venture Associate focus will be on early-stage venture related investment activities. To assist with these efforts, the Venture Associate will conduct financial analyses, develop financial models, and conduct industry and market research. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: due diligence, maintaining oversight of existing investments, ensuring asset values are kept current, and various related tasks as determined by management.
Working closely with the CFO the Venture Associate will exercise due diligence and process private equity opportunities on behalf of clients and advisors across the entire national footprint of the organization. These opportunities may result in direct placements with portfolio impact across high profile clients.
WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO
- Never stop learning
- Research, study, uncover the nitty gritty details
- Strategize with others
- Try new things
- Find ways to work smarter not harder
- Invest in the people around you
WHO YOU ARE
- Client-service driven to the core
- Analytical by nature
- A “doer” who can execute with immaculate detail
- Relationship builder & team player
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Adaptable, innovative, and versatile
- Self-starter who activates and executes
- Calm under pressure
- Self-learner who is known for being ambitious and curious
- Critical evaluator of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details
- A good human with a strong code of ethics
WHAT YOU’LL DO ONCE HERE
- Conduct market research to create comprehensive tearsheets for new industry sectors
- Screen investment opportunities, summarize call notes and enter deal detail into project management software
- Diligence data rooms to produce reports for leadership
- Conduct market analysis with an eye to ensuring business viability
- Create financial models to assist in validating investment decisions
- Manage process of deal documentation, legal review, document execution and overall project administration
- Coordinate with service providers to manage investment to closing
- Produce investment memoranda and presentation materials
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- BA or equivalent from a reputable 4-year college
- 5-7 years of financial, research or relevant experience required
- United States work authorization
- Criminal Background check is required
OUR COMPANY VALUES
- Never Stop Learning: We believe in being lifelong students and surround ourselves with teammates who are equally curious. We ask questions, we read, we listen, we learn, we debate, we teach, we seek mentorship, we encourage self-study and we provoke continual education because our clients deserve a steadfast commitment to progressive knowledge.
- Treat Everyone Like Family: Whether we’re across the table from clients, vendors, partners or colleagues, we strive to foster lifelong friendships and recognize that the depth of our relationships is what makes our culture unique. At the end of the day, we believe it’s really quite simple—be a good person and help others achieve their best self.
- Always Choose Exceptional: We measure the success of our team by the quality of our advice, the depth of our expertise, the precision behind our processes and the architecture behind our systems. We do this by staying diligent in building a diverse team that respects and provokes different opinions and by never settling for anything less than exceptional.
- How We Do One Thing Is How We Do Everything: We believe in setting one singular standard in life: being our best selves. Performing every task to the best of our ability becomes the journey we love, which becomes the habit we form, which becomes the greatest personal and professional tool we have. Delivering excellence in all we do is never easy, but it’s everything.
- Go All In On Innovation: Innovation meets us with failure more often than it meets us with success—but we never stop progressing. We’ve spent decades finding new ways to elevate every aspect of the client experience and we challenge our team to continue raising the bar so our clients can spend more time doing what they love with whom they love.
- Offices are regularly stocked with coffee, soda, and beverage products for the enjoyment of employees
- Employee Financial Planning Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor Matching & Profit Sharing Plan
- Competitive Compensation & PTO
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits w/FSA and HSA availability (multi-plan options available)
- Sponsored company and team events
- Education reimbursement program for approved professional credential programs
- Gym membership to Fitness Center in Capella Tower
- Learn more about our inclusive benefits package, here.
If interested, please apply here.