We are accepting applications until Monday January 25th 2021.
Choosing to apply for a role as Associate is a next step in your career and should be done with a sense of commitment to become a venture capitalist.
Mastering the job means being able to assist in deal sourcing, help bring deals through a full investment process together with a Partner, and nurture the post-deal process by doing project based analysis on these portfolio companies.
Typically over the course of 2-3 years you will be fully equipped with knowledge and skills in sourcing, dealmaking, company building and value creation. A next step in your career after this role is to take on more autonomy and choose to specialize in an area of interest.
- Assist in deal sourcing.
- Perform market research and formulate related investment theses.
- Support the rest of the team in due diligence activities and deal execution.
- Perform and support portfolio company projects.
- Build a strong understanding of b2b saas companies.
- Specific responsibilities for certain tasks will be assigned to you, such as: financial reporting, marketing, compliance or operational tasks.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Intellectual curiosity. Hard-working. Committed. Opinionated.
- Structured thinking, proof of well-developed analytical skills.
- Knowledge of either accounting, IT products, technology or software sales.
- Highly motivated, self-drive and strong drive in general.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Skilled in ‘writing, sheets & slides’; strong writing skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Within close proximity to the Amsterdam office.
We consider candidates from various backgrounds. Fitting in the team is the most important requirement. The selection process will be in 3 steps:
- We will start with a 30 minutes online interview with a pre selected group of candidates.
- We will select a number of candidates to do an in depth interview with & case study.
- With two candidates a final interview will be held, with more members of the Newion team, to get a first impression on the team and to make sure you fit in the team.
If interested, please apply here.