Title: Investor 📝
Role: Venture Capital Associate 🤝
Location: Remote or join us in one of our offices ****in Austin, Santa Monica or Toronto! 📍
Who We Are: Mucker Capital is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with offices in Los Angeles, Austin and Toronto. The firm also operates MuckerLab, one of the top-rated startup accelerator programs in North America.
Who You Are: We’re looking for a high-energy investor to join our team to help identify and source early-stage investments in world-class software startups. We value hustle, scrappiness and potential, not pedigree. You will represent Mucker in the startup community, constantly meeting and evaluating new startups, while playing an active role in our firm’s growth as we enter our second decade.
You will have significant day one responsibility which requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind that wants to be challenged and stretched. We are a small, integrated team building a world-class venture capital investment firm and top accelerator.
- Source new investment opportunities and shepherd them through investment execution
- Analyze operating data, assess markets, evaluate teams, manage due diligence process and craft investment memos for opportunities you source
- Develop and deliver presentations to the firm’s partners regarding potential investments and existing portfolio companies
- Provide one-on-one support to portfolio companies
- Represent Mucker and extend the firm’s brand across North America
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strategy consulting experience, and/or
- Sales experience with funnel management responsibility, and/or
- Founder or early employee at a venture-backed startup, and/or
- Venture capital experience
- Ability to develop deep relationships with startups / founders / fellow investors
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills / ability to break down company business models and markets
- Can ramp quickly on new subject matter and synthesize salient information into succinct verbal and written communication
- Insatiable appetite for new, innovative ideas
- Natural networker who loves to meet and learn from new entrepreneurs
This role will be afforded a high level of autonomy and requires someone who thrives in a self-motivated, self-directed setting. The ability and desire to work autonomously will be critical to success in this role.