Mosaic is a venture capital firm based in London, investing in early-stage, technology-focused startups across Europe. Our partners have 30+ years of experience investing on both sides of the Atlantic. In that time, we have invested across 12 countries in over 80 companies that together have created over $400 billion of value.
Mosaic is a small and collegiate team. As we look for Europe’s most inspiring and exciting startups, we take a thesis-driven approach – with a collective desire to understand how technology creates new markets and transforms existing ones. Learn more here.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an insatiably curious individual to drive research. This will involve: defining theses on emerging investable markets; sourcing, meeting and evaluating companies; and informing investment decisions by driving analysis throughout our diligence process.
You will work as an integral part of the investment team – helping us determine where to focus our efforts, and driving robust, analytically-driven investment decisions. The role requires deep curiosity about technology and the venture ecosystem; the ability to learn fast; and the vision to articulate the path from an idea to a billion-dollar business.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about innovation, a strategic, articulate thinker, and a multitasker who strives to deliver highly impactful work.
This is a full-time position, based in London.
- Conduct research across a wide range of investment themes to identify potentially investable markets and trends
- Source, meet and evaluate founders relevant to research
- Conduct due diligence including market research, competitor analysis, industry reference calls, analysis of financial models and company metrics, etc.
- Prepare written materials to brief the Mosaic investment team on specific opportunities, and make investment recommendations
- Build a network of senior industry experts and partners, and collaborate with them to refine our thinking
- Nurture collaboration and help educate our team with your insights
- Publish Mosaic’s research and thought leadership via blog posts, events with founders and industry experts, and social media
- 2-6 years of work experience in consulting, software equity research, strategic planning, research-led investing (VC or PE), product/ operating roles in a startup or leading tech business
- Strong business/commercial acumen – and a passion for technology and the world of startups, with demonstrated involvement with the Internet ecosystem
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, with advanced Excel
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) – and the ability to communicate key insights and recommendations to diverse audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and rigour
- A true team player, who thrives in small, collegiate environments
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise under pressure
If interested, please apply here.