Morgan Health is a business unit at JPMorgan Chase that is focused on improving the quality, equity and affordability of employer-sponsored health care in the United States.
- Accelerate health system improvement through a $250 million capital allocation from JPMC balance sheet . Morgan Health Ventures will deploy JPMC capital to invest in health care companies that are driving overall system improvements.
- Drive innovation in the commercial marketplace and to improve health care access and outcomes. The organization will share data and insights on how the U.S. health care system could work better for the 150 million people in the United States with employer-sponsored health insurance. In close collaboration with JPMorgan Chase Benefits team, the group is also focused on improving health care for our U.S.-based employees and dependents through a variety of pilot programs, including expanding access to accountable care models.
- Promote health equity . The organization will work to identify and address health disparities in the U.S. health care system that impact our employees and their families, as well as the communities where we operate.
Morgan Health is led by Dan Mendelson, CEO, and reports to Peter Scher, Vice Chairman and Member of the JPMC Operating Committee. The talented and diverse Morgan Health team is based in Washington, DC, New York and Boston.
The Morgan Health Ventures Associate will be part of a team focused on accelerating health system improvement. The organization will initially deploy up to $250 million in promising healthcare companies for the benefit of JPMorgan Chase employees and the broader employer sponsored healthcare system. JPMC’s focus will be on technologies and services that improve health outcomes, affordability and equity in commercially insured populations. The ideal candidate will be able to manage and execute the following responsibilities:
- Help drive transaction origination, structuring, execution, and portfolio management
- Represent the bank in meetings with companies to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct detailed due diligence, risk assessments, and review of legal documentation
- Perform comprehensive valuation and business model analyses
- Work closely with JPMC investment areas (e.g.: financial, legal, regulatory) to support the structuring and execution of transactions
- Prepare investment memoranda and related documentation to support investment decision-making
- Develop relationships with founders and other investors to identify investment opportunities
- Run portfolio management process including tracking valuation and portfolio company progress
Professional Skills And Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Investment banking (M&A, coverage, capital markets, equity research)
- Investing at venture capital or growth equity funds
- Consulting at a leading management consulting firm
- B.A. required with an excellent academic track record (advanced degree a plus)
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare
- Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Act with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time, but New York or Boston based
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
If interested, please apply here.