This role is responsible for executing operational and administrative duties throughout the duration of the incubator program. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for technology and VC/startups are required. Prior administrative/operational experience as well as familiarity with the early stage ecosystem is preferred. This position is a part-time internship with potential to transition into a full-time role. Preferred start date is immediate.
Mission Control is a next-generation incubator for frontier tech companies. We add value for entrepreneurs with big ideas through resources for recruitment (from top talent from Midwestern universities), operations (partnerships with service providers and suppliers), customer discovery, fundraising, and more.
Mission Control has recently partnered with leading Midwest universities and startups to launch its first incubator cohort in 1Q2021. As Mission Control’s Program Associate, you will have the chance to work with startup founders, VCs, the best and the brightest students and faculty across several disciplines, and Mission Control management, as we aim to build the next generation of transformative frontier-tech startups and educate the next generation of entrepreneurs. You will have the opportunity to participate in events and conferences and get to know the best founders, investors, and advisors in the Midwest, up close and personally. This is a great chance to gain experience, grow your network, and learn about building and operating an incubator – from the ground up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with Mission Control management team to coordinate and participate in meetings, activities, and events with founders, VCs, educational institutions and other parties to drive Mission Control’s growth
- Interact with mentors/advisory board, founders, and corporate sponsors/partners to coordinate pitches, meetings, events, etc.
- Execute and manage weekly administrative and operational duties associated with the Mission Control Incubator Program in partnership with the University of Missouri and other educational institutions
- Manage relationships between program participants (students and incubees), university faculty and administration, and angels/VCs/corporate investors
- Participating in strategic roadmap discussions with Mission Control management team on monetization strategy and brand/business development
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- Current student (undergraduate or MBA) or recent graduate
- Strong interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with academic institutions or incubators/accelerators
- Previous experience at a venture capital firm or startup
- Initial compensation will be equity based and will be commensurate with experience
- Future monetary compensation will be budgeted as the incubator generates revenue
If interested, please apply here.