As an Associate, you will work out of LGs Bay Area office, supporting the Partners across the team. As a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, you will enjoy working on your own initiative with light supervision in a high paced environment.
What will you be doing?
Market research to identify new trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Deal sourcing (through networking, research, virtual trade events, etc.)
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital Firms
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including Ips
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Help preparing internal investment memos
Who do we tend to look for?
- MBA (preferred), Undergraduate degree required. Preferred majors include the following: Economics, Engineering, Exact Sciences, Computer science, Finance, Business, and Entrepreneurship.
- 3-5 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity).
What are you good at?
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
If interested, please apply here.