Lewis and Clark Ventures is a founder-first, founder-led venture capital fund focused on Series A investments. We partner with exceptional entrepreneurs, located between the coasts, to accelerate rapid company growth from 10 to 100. Based in St Louis, we have 14 active portfolio companies, and are currently deploying capital from our second fund.
Our Investment team is the engine that builds our investment portfolio. As a member of the Investment team, you will work collaboratively with colleagues to identify and evaluate investment opportunities throughout our due diligence process. With your thorough analysis and strong understanding of the industry landscape, you will provide the Investment team with critical information to drive intelligent decision making. You offer advanced quantitative and financial modeling skills, superb critical thinking abilities and sound business judgement. The team will look to you to compile your research and insights that will guide our evaluation of prospective companies. You will also help to ensure that we are optimally covering and prioritizing our pipeline of investment opportunities. The mission of our Investment team is to identify, evaluate and invest in the best late seed through Series B technology firms.
- Play a key role in contributing to our deal evaluation process including competitive analysis, financial analysis, pro forma modeling, capitalization table modeling, market sizing and various other investment related items.
- Lead a capstone presentation to the Investment team around a specific topic of interest assigned by the Investment team.
- Identify, maintain and prioritize a large and dynamic dataset of investment opportunities in our scope of geography and industry.
- Gather and analyze information from reliable public and private sources to inform our decision-making process.
- Structure complex problems and deliver objective insights to the Investment team.
- Rapidly develop a clear understanding of industries and technologies related to our deal pipeline.
- Understand and stay current on relevant venture capital, private equity, and general technology-related trends.
- Contribute to fund marketing efforts which are directed to both our external community and to our Limited Partners.
- Pursuing an MBA or other related advanced degree.
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work or extra-curricular activities.
- Interest/background in Machine Learning, AI, Fintech and Digital Healthcare.
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Strong project and task management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If interested, please apply here.