Lewis and Clark Ventures is a founder focused fund that invests in early stage companies located between the coasts. We partner with exceptional entrepreneurs who are leveraging technology to solve meaningful problems. We draw on our experiences as founders and investors to help companies accelerate growth from 10 to 100. With over $175M in AUM, we’ve successfully partnered with breakout companies like Beam, SummerSalt, Benson Hill, and MedAvail (MDVL). Lewis and Clark Ventures provides founders with the support, experience, and capital they need to make their bold visions a reality.
The Associate is a member of the investment team and is thus active in all aspects of the fund, working closely with members of the team and with portfolio company leaders. The Associate will be expected to establish close and lasting relationships with key influencers entrepreneurs, investors, service providers – between the coasts.
- Play a key role in contributing to our deal evaluation process including competitive analysis, financial analysis, pro forma modeling, capitalization table modeling, market sizing and various other investment related items.
- Identify, maintain and prioritize a large and dynamic dataset of investment opportunities in our scope of geography and industry.
- Gather and analyze information from reliable public and private sources to inform our decision-making process.
- Structure complex problems and deliver objective insights to the Investment team.
- Rapidly develop a clear understanding of industries and technologies related to our deal pipeline.
- Understand and stay current on relevant venture capital, private equity, and general technology-related trends.
- Contribute to fund marketing efforts which are directed to both our external community and to our Limited Partners.
- An analyst or associate in investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work or extra-curricular activities.
- Interest/background in Machine Learning, AI, Fintech and Digital Healthcare.
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Strong project and task management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If interested, please apply here.