Each year, we look forward to welcoming Summer Associates to Lerer Hippeau. During their time with us, they become key members of our team, making meaningful contributions around sourcing, adding to our knowledge of emerging industries, and developing tools to help better support our portfolio and founders. We’re excited to kick off the search for our 2021 Lerer Hippeau Summer Associates.
Lerer Hippeau is the most active early-stage venture capital fund in New York. The firm has more than 250 active portfolio companies with investments in leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Allbirds, K Health, Guideline, and LeafLink. Founded by a team of former operators, Lerer Hippeau invests across all sectors, backing founders with product vision, customer insight, and a keen instinct for brand building.
About the Summer Associate position
This summer, we’re looking for two Summer Associates to join our investment team. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. Our Summer Associate program is an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including sourcing, investment analysis, partner meetings, deal execution, and portfolio support. All candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for technology and startups.
Our Summer Associates will lead special projects for the partnership and support the existing portfolio. As of now, the internship will be remote.
This summer you will:
- Complete one or more sector-specific deep dives and help map out interesting investment opportunities
- Assist the investment team with market and competitive landscape research
- Participate in virtual networking events to expand network with tech community
- Develop benchmarking processes and initiatives that support LH portfolio operations
- Work on ad hoc portfolio company projects
- Write one (or more) Medium posts sharing high-level insights from work and/or research completed over the course of the internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program (MBA preferred) with at least 2 years of full-time, post-college work experience
- Demonstrated interest in startups and technology
- Domain experience or interest in emerging tech, enterprise software, marketplaces, fintech, or AI/ML is a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Baseline knowledge of the New York tech ecosystem and familiarity with venture capital
- Ability to work in our New York office pending return to office plans
Note: Lerer Hippeau cannot provide employment visa sponsorship for this role. As a precondition for employment, all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
If you’d like to apply, please fill out our application here. The deadline to apply is February 15th, 2021 but we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit.