Leadout Capital: invests in and supports early-stage companies led by founders from historically underrepresented groups in the VC ecosystem. These entrepreneurs are world class experts in the needs of their customers and are applying software to meet that need. We look for gritty, passionate, empathetic leaders who believe in leveraging diversity of thought and backgrounds in their teams to build the leading companies of tomorrow.
Leadout Capital was founded in 2018 by Ali Rosenthal, a former Facebook and Wealthfront executive and angel investor. Steve Brownlie joined the firm at the beginning of 2021 bringing 20 years of investment experience across a full spectrum of industries and company stages.
Leadout Capital currently has a small team (two General Partners and a Venture Partner). The firm makes investments in the early stages of company formation – often as one of the first institutional investors in a business (Seed and Pre-Seed) primarily in North America but with flexibility to consider select international opportunities.
Job Title: Investment Associate / Senior Associate
Location: Remote – preference for San Francisco Bay Area or New York City (our senior professionals are based in these locations)
The Role: We are looking for an analytical decision maker, with a sense of humor, good judgment and ability to work well as part of a small team. This person must be able to think independently in uncertain situations with incomplete information. You will be involved in all aspects of the business including evaluating opportunities (including leading diligence efforts and documenting the investment decision process), monitoring and supporting portfolio companies, originating new investment opportunities, developing investment theses, and assisting with firm operations.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 1-5 years of work experience ideally at an PE/VC investment firm, startup, consulting firm, and/or investment bank
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence tailored to interacting with entrepreneurs, partners and corporate leaders
- Deep sense of ownership over one’s work and results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with limited management and oversight
- Passion for technology and investing
- Market Research / Deal Sourcing / Deal Diligence – help identify and diligence investment opportunities in new and growing markets, including engaging with entrepreneurs and subject matter experts and developing financial models
- Deal Execution and Support – help execute new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.) and help run deal support (quantitative analysis, legal documentation, etc.)
- Portfolio Support – help portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis, working to build community amongst companies, and attend board meetings, as well as lead portfolio reporting and analyses
Interested candidates should complete this form: Leadout Capital Associate / Senior Associate Hiring