Job Title: Venture Capital Investment Associate
Location: Denver, Colorado (United States)
- Note: we will help with relocation
Firm: Konvoy Ventures (website)
Apply: link to the application form
Overview of Konvoy
Konvoy Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investing in the video gaming industry. With approximately $60 million under management and a portfolio of 19 investments, Konvoy has offices in Denver, CO and Cambridge, MA. The firm is actively making new investments out of Fund II, which is a $50 million dollar fund. The firm was founded by Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman. Konvoy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Investment Associate will work in-person out of the Denver office on the investment team at Konvoy, reporting directly to the Managing Partners (Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman). You will also work closely with our Senior Associate, Taylor Hurst. You will have an active influence in the selection of new investments and support of existing portfolio companies as they grow, raise additional capital, and exit. It’s important that you have a keen interest, both professionally and personally, in being involved at the intersection of video gaming and venture capital investing. We expect you to grow your investment responsibilities over time here at Konvoy.
The Investment Associate will be given a large amount of responsibility as they contribute to the Konvoy team’s process of selecting and supporting the next generation of video gaming companies. This individual should be highly motivated, confident, humble, teachable, enthusiastic, articulate, able to communicate their ideas (written and verbally), work well in high-pressure situations, and a self-starter who works on their own initiative. As in every exciting industry, they will also need to be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required. We’re all hands on deck.
The responsibilities primarily include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Market research: identify trends, research existing trends, present to the firm.
- Deal screening: new deal calls, take notes, evaluate the opportunity, decide on next steps, present it at deal meetings, enter in our CRM.
- Industry relationships: establish relationships in the industry with startups, investors, and key industry people.
- Due diligence: perform active due diligence, lead a due diligence process, write investment memos, create actionable next steps, and actively engage in whether to move forward in the process or pass on an opportunity.
- Writing: take notes (so team members can catch up quickly on investment opportunities), write one-page summaries, write full investment memos, and contribute to Konvoy’s newsletter and blog.
- Financial Modeling: build investment models, company financial models, and be extremely proficient in Excel.
- General Contribution: we expect to hear thoughts and ideas on how we can improve the firm and our strategy.
- 2-6 years of work experience
- Preferably from one of the following industries (though not required): video gaming, startups, venture capital, or finance
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Advanced skills in excel in financial modeling and investment valuation
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.