Kilonova Capital (KC) is a special situations investment firm that finances and buys private technology companies that no longer conform to venture capital mandates. KC takes a systematic, value-driven approach, and targets proven businesses that have been overlooked due to existing investor fund incentives and inadequate capitalization. The current partners have completed over $200 billion in technology transactions, and led multiple platforms in independent firms they have founded, as well as institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, William Blair, Energy Impact Partners, and Mobility Impact Partners.
The firm has crystallized a set of advantages in its business model, including a unique deal origination system, a team of experts in special situations structuring to recapitalize promising companies, and an unparalleled roster of Silicon Valley veterans to rapidly enhance portfolio company value.
In so doing, the firm fills a capital void for the majority, by number, of private technology companies while simultaneously offering its Limited Partners an opportunity to invest in Silicon Valley at value-based pricing. KC invests across core technology sectors and focuses on deploying $25-100mm over the life of a single investment.
The Principal will be a part of the investment team at KC and will report to the general partnership. In this role, the Associate will assist in all aspects of the investment process, including sourcing, evaluating, and underwriting investment opportunities.
- Source and screen prospective investments
- Review business plans
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Research market trends and dynamics
- Develop investment committee memorandums
- Develop financial models
- Ongoing portfolio support and administration, including maintaining the Kilonova Capital fund model
- Help with firm-wide operational activities, events and presentations
- Build and cultivate diverse, long lasting relationships.
- Attend investor conferences, trade shows, and other events to stay ahead of the market and ensure continued deal flow.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of competing and complementary companies within the portfolio.
- Two to Five years of work experience in a relevant field (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, private equity, VC, etc.)
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel modeling and Powerpoint
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Passion for growth stage technology companies
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded and absolutely not ego-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to gather, learn, and synthesize and effectively present or communicate (verbal/written) complex information
- High IQ, EQ & personal drive/determination
- Commitment to being a hardworking, positive, and fun team-player who is above nothing but has the presence and confidence to lead deals end.
- High level of ethical standards and integrity
- Motivated to fit well in a dynamic and collaborative culture
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred. History of strong academic performance in a relevant field (Finance, economics, engineering)
Kilonova Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.