JPMorgan Chase strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive and sustainable change in communities across the globe. JPMorgan Chase annually invests more than $300 million to create pathways to opportunity so that individuals have access to the knowledge, skills, resources, and capital they need to secure their futures and compete in the global economy. Our programs seek to address key drivers of economic inequality experienced by vulnerable populations around the globe through four key focus areas: Community Development, Jobs and Skills, Financial Capability, and Small Business. The Firm has also developed innovative Strategic Initiatives such as Women on the Move and Advancing Black Pathways.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Department develops goals, policies and initiatives that support the Firm’s business strategies, reflect our values and support the communities where we do business. We believe that financial products, in addition to philanthropy, can serve as a sustainable force for good, generating not only financial return, but also positive social and environmental impact.
To that end, JPMorgan Chase is building out a multi-asset impact investing and lending platform to support the Firm’s Philanthropic objectives and Strategic Initiatives.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The team is looking for an experienced investment management professional or investment banker who is eager to leverage their financial acumen to drive social and environmental good.
To date, the Impact Finance team has launched Flexible Capital, a concessionary loan product for financial intermediaries. The team is now looking to expand its product capabilities into direct equity (investments in companies), indirect equity (investments in funds), and other structured transactions leveraging blended finance models.
The candidate will play a critical role in building out our impact investing franchise: formulating the strategy for the group, navigating internal approval processes, and working across the organization to originate, structure, execute, and manage equity investments.
The candidate will report to the equity investment lead for Impact Finance.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and execute the following responsibilities:
- Support development and implementation of strategy for Impact FinanceDevelop materials to articulate Impact Finance objectives, strategies, and implementation roadmap
- Support execution of New Business Initiative Assessments (where required); helping the team obtain necessary approvals for new products
- Help drive transaction origination, structuring, execution, and portfolio management
- Represent the bank in meetings with companies to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct detailed due diligence, risk assessments, and review of legal documentation
- Perform comprehensive valuation and business analyses
- Prepare investment memoranda and related documentation to support investment decision-making
- Serve as point person in driving the transaction process – coordinating with teams across the firm and with external parties
- Develop relationships with founders and other impact investors to identify investment opportunities
- Oversee relationships with investees, reporting, valuation, and other portfolio management activities
- Conduct impact assessments for each investment opportunity, partnering with colleagues in Global Philanthropy
- A demonstrated passion for social enterprise, development finance, and/or environmental work
- 2-4 years of experience as a venture capital investor, private equity investor, or investment banker (in a M&A or coverage role)
- Experience with early stage company helpful, but not required
- Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
- Comfort leading execution of equity investment transactions
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization
- Act with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
- Excellent academic track record
If interested, please apply here.