The Strategic Investments team (part of Corporate Sector) is seeking an Associate with corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills to partner with LOB (line of business) executives, other banks and market structure players in analyzing and executing strategic market structure/financial technology principal investments and other strategic collaborations. These initiatives are linked to topics at the top of senior management agendas and are sourced from group’s external network and/or from LOB executives. Initiatives are executed in partnership with line and staff areas, drawing upon subject matter experts as needed. The role is based in New York.
Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investment and strategic collaboration opportunities in partnership with and on behalf of LOB Sponsors Helping execute the related transaction (due diligence; deal structure/terms interacting with internal/external subject matter experts and advisors; obtaining required input from LOB Sponsors on key issues; seeking approvals; closing the deal) Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-on rounds, divestitures, making recommendations on corporate actions to LOB Sponsors)
Candidates should have a strong undergraduate academic record and previous experience at a leading firm in Investment Banking/Mergers & Acquisitions in financial services and/or technology and/or Principal Investing (private equity or venture capital).
Experience in Strategy Consulting and market structure/financial technology is a plus. Within such role(s), experience in M&A and the strategic skillset to assess opportunities analytically and conceptually is required. Exposure to structured problem solving, deal structuring and negotiations is a plus.
The Successful Candidate Should Also Possess The Following Attributes
- A strong interest in financial markets
- Strong judgment, self-starter able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Distinctive financial modeling, analytical problem solving skills
- Conceptual problem solving skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Robust interpersonal skillsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
If interested, please apply here.