J20 Ventures is a NY-based, pre-seed and seed stage venture firm investing in the new consumer brands that cater to the needs and desires of millennials and gen-z. We are searching for the next big brands in e-commerce, social, ed-tech, fintech, healthtech, and beyond. We have had the pleasure to serve some incredible companies – Burrow, Career Karma, Gainful, Co-Edition, Snowe, 99 Minutos. We are looking to partner with mission driven founders intent on leaving a positive mark on the world while building venture scale businesses that can transform the economy and the lives of their users. We are an entrepreneurial firm that values curiosity, humility, camaraderie, collaboration, determination, independence, and hustle with a commitment to performance. We are building J20 as a platform for community; bringing together our visionary founders, LPs, and relationships at large to support the companies we are fortunate to partner with.
We are hiring one associate to work alongside with the partner. You will be an integral part of the team and be exposed to and involved in all aspects of the fund. In your role, you can expect to:
- Review pitches, meet with companies, conduct research and evaluate products
- Conduct due diligence (e.g. market analysis, competitive mapping, and financials)
- Source new deals
- Perform market research and identify areas of opportunity
- Participate in Investment Committee meetings as we discuss new and existing deals
- Develop relationships with J20 portfolio companies, founders of future J20 portfolio companies, service providers, and the NY tech ecosystem
- Work with partner to provide ongoing portfolio company support
- Help plan and execute J20 community events
- Participate in the fundraising effort
We are looking for this new team member to join our firm for a minimum of 2 years to participate in this next phase of building a leading cross border venture firm. It is a dynamic work environment with abundant room for growth.
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital consumer and B2B software space with the ability to identify and evaluate opportunities in the space
- 2+ years of experience at top technology, investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy, or venture capital firms
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Familiarity with standard venture terms
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strength in financial modeling and presentation
- Familiarity and strong network within the startup ecosystem
IF interested, please apply here.