Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy anddecreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Ventures Description:
Intuitive Ventures invests in the future leaders of minimally invasive care across digital, devices, therapeutics, and diagnostics. Led by a team of industry-experienced investors and seasoned executives with deep clinical and startup experience, we aim to pass on the entrepreneurial spirit Intuitive’s founders cultivated as they grew from an idea into a healthcare market leader. Pairing financial resources, investment wisdom, and our access to Intuitive’s deep clinical and regulatory experience, we provide the resources and guidance needed to support our portfolio companies validate solutions, pioneer markets, and reach major milestones.
Working with cross-functional partners this role is responsible for supporting investment analysis, deal processes and portfolio development. This role requires commitment to healthcare advancement in support of Intuitive’s mission. The candidate must excel in a high-energy, high performance, small-team environment. This role will report into the Director of Intuitive Ventures.
This junior investing role will be embedded and work closely with all members of the venture capital investing team and broader business stakeholders. Key duties include:
- Tracking and screening incoming investment opportunities
- Participating in all aspects of the equity investment process, including due diligence, financial modeling, writing investment memos and presenting to investment committee, deal execution and portfolio support.
- Supporting investment portfolio performance oversight by contributing to portfolio reporting processes, presentations and strategic planning.
- Monitoring healthcare and life science trends in key markets. Leading market and competitive analysis of specific investment opportunities and sectors to support thesis development and deal flow generation activities.
Experience/ Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of healthcare- or life sciences- focused work experience
- MBA degree with undergraduate focus in finance, economics, engineering or a healthcare-related field
- Corporate finance and accounting knowledge typically gained through an investment banking analyst program and/or corporate finance and accounting coursework during university
- Excel financial modelling skills with ability to build complex models from scratch and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail and work effort
- Demonstrated passion for cutting edge healthcare technology and early stage companies
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders internal and external. Ability to gain alignment towards common objectives
- Highly collaborative. Proven ability to work as a team player and cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive. High integrity and resourcefulness. Intellectual curiosity and strong learning ability.
If interested, please apply here.