Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Intuitive Ventures Description:
Leveraging Intuitive’s entrepreneurial spirit and expansive technological and clinical reach, Intuitive Ventures invests in transformative opportunities advancing positive outcomes in healthcare. The fund is focused on US and international early-stage start-ups and takes a long-term outlook to support portfolio companies reach their major milestones. Through its inaugural $100 million fund and with leadership combining decades of investing and operational experience, the team cultivates strategic resources to drive financial returns and accelerate the future of minimally invasive care. More information can be found at: www.intuitive-ventures.com
Intuitive has an immediate opening in San Francisco/ Sunnyvale, CA for an Associate, Intuitive Ventures. Working with cross-functional partners this role is responsible for supporting investment analysis, deal processes and portfolio development. The candidate will have at least 3-5 years of healthcare- or life sciences-focused work experience, ideally from a venture capital firm, top-tier investment bank or management consulting firm. This role requires commitment to healthcare advancement in support of Intuitive’s mission. The candidate must excel in a high-energy, high performance, small-team environment. This role will report into the Director of Intuitive Ventures.Responsibilities include:
This junior investing role will be embedded and work closely with all members of the venture capital investing team and broader business stakeholders. Key duties include:
- Tracking and screening incoming investment opportunities
- Participating in all aspects of the equity investment process, including sourcing, due diligence, financial modeling, writing investment memos, presenting to investment committee, deal execution and portfolio support.
- Supporting investment portfolio performance oversight by contributing to portfolio reporting processes, presentations and strategic planning.
- Monitoring healthcare and life science trends in key markets. Leading market and competitive analysis of specific investment opportunities and sectors to support thesis development and deal flow generation activities.
Experience/ Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years of healthcare- or life sciences- focused work experience, ideally from a venture capital firm, top-tier investment bank and/ or management consulting firm
- Degree in finance, economics, healthcare or life science related field
- Strong corporate finance and accounting knowledge typically gained through an investment banking analyst program and/or corporate finance and accounting coursework during university
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills with ability to build complex models from scratch and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail and work effort
- Demonstrated passion for cutting edge healthcare technology and early stage companies
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders internal and external. Ability to gain alignment towards common objectives
- Highly collaborative. Proven ability to work as a team player and cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive. High integrity and resourcefulness. Intellectual curiosity and strong learning ability.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Shift: Shift 1 – Day
If interested, please apply here.